Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Personal Blog 1, Rebecca Klaus

The U's webpage is extremely overwhelming! There is so much information to sort through that it becomes a daunting task to find one specific piece of information. For example, I was searching for research labs that would have openings for undergraduates to research in. None of the departments have their research opportunities organized in one page. Instead, you have to look through each of the departments' research information sections. Of course, none of the departments have the same format either. It is fairly easy to find information about labs in the physics department, but in the other science departments and the medical school it is nearly impossible! And sometimes students do not have the ability to access information. For example, I tried to access some information about a lab and a little window popped up which said: "You do not have The Rights." With a capital R. Clearly, the U's webpage is not the easiest to navigate. Below is an example. I typed "medical labs" into the search bar, and I still got irrelevant results! Even with a broad subject, it can be tough to find what you're looking for. It can be even tougher with a specific search; the search usually doesn't return any results at all! I would say that the U's webpage needs to be unified and organized better to make information more accessible and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment