Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Individual Post: Shoreline Ridge

On my walkabout along the Shoreline Ridge Trail, I learned that the Salt Lake valley used to be a giant lake and the trail was the shore. I thought that fun fact was very interesting and unique. I was surprised by the lack of “pretty” nature. There were lots of dead-looking yellow plants, which was not what I characterized Utah’s nature to be like. I learned for sure that I don’t like to hike! It was very interesting to see the entire city down below this pathway.


Most of the people using this space were exercising. We saw bikers, hikers, dog walkers, and joggers. Everyone in this space was very active. The trail itself was barely big enough for people to pass one another, so human interaction was minimal. The vibe I got from the trail was this place is a quiet secluded place for people to enjoy nature by themselves.


This was a defined edge of the city. Not very many people were using the trail, but I have heard that it goes on for miles, so it could be used as an indirect path from one city to another. Mainly, this place lined the outside of the city. Beyond the trail there were wild plants and mountains, but no more civilization. The Shoreline Ridge trail is a small feature defining the Salt Lake valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment