Liberty Park:
Liberty Park amazed me. I never
thought of Salt Lake City as a city to prize their parks, but I was incredibly impressed with how well kept Liberty Park was. Not only was it well maintained, but it was gorgeous. The flower designs were bright, creative and fragrant. The grass was freshly cut, green and vibrant. I was also surprised at how many activities there were to do. There were tennis lessons in the tennis courts on the West end, swim lessons in the swimming complex, tours of the Aviary, and carnival rides. Not to mention the playgrounds, wading pools, th
e placid lake and duck pond among many other features the park has to offer. The peacefulness and overall good vibes were nice reminders of home and felt a lot less intimidating than Salt Lake often times feels.
The landscaping and openness of the park provided for a lot of families and couples. Many people rollerbladed, biked, or ran around the perimeter or the park. Our group saw a lot of different types of activities: relaxing, reading, wading in the stream, playing, etc. The space definitely encouraged people to relax and enjoy the luxuries the park provides. Everywhere I looked I saw people enjoying themselves, whether it was solitary or with friends.
I would definitely consider Liberty Park a landmark, because as we learned in the text it is a site that people commonly mention and is a large chunk of land. We also learned about identity, and structure. I would sa
y that the structure of Liberty Park is very well planned, and flows well throughout the entire park and appears to seamlessly blend with the surrounding residential areas. As for it's identity, it is commonly known as a place where people go to escape the city and lose themselves in the calm for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment